Lodahl's blog: Hangovers -sort of

26 June 2007

Hangovers -sort of

Not literally, but after several months of struggles with the decision in the Parliament and writing the objections to ISO/IEC DIS 29500 (ECMA-376) hearing, I somehow find it nice just doing something else. I shipped the objections yesterday, witch is actually one week ahead. I'm proud to be ahead for once. I even had time to help one of the guys from Belgium with his objections. I got a lot of help during the process and it's nice to be able to pass it on to someone else.

I started to help translate OpenOffice.org 2.3 to Danish. We are already more than half way, so in a few days, I expect that to be finished as well. I'm happy that the translation is going smooth and without any problems. No discussions and arguing. Just translate the strings, one by one.

I'm looking forward to the summer holidays together with family and friends. Four weeks with no connection to the internet. Is that possible ? I'll bring some work, just in case I get bored, but my experience tells me that I won't be doing much of that. Unless of cause; if it rains. But I must prepare my speak in Barcelona. I'm really looking forward to OOoCon 2007. It will be nice to meet all the people I only know from e-mails and blog posts.

I hope to see the new eOffice from Symfoni Software before I go on vacation. I'm really excited about the Lotus Notes -> ODF integration.

The media is going on vacation too. I can see that more and more articles are just translations of stuff. Boring. I don't think I'll miss that part. The only exciting thing right now, is that all the papers is trying to analyze what will happen, now that the Parliament has finished their part. Will Microsoft keep the marked share ? Will OpenOffice.org finally get its break through ? How will the ISO election end ? and so on and so forth.

Well, we'll see about that later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you will have a nice vacation - I think we all can benefit from a little "breather" from the very heated discussions.

I know that I am looking very much forward to my own vacation in about a weeks time.

:o)