Some years ago I developed an extension for LibreOffice for direct search for clip art from www.openclipart.org.
I have recently been working on a new version that use a new OpenClipart API.
Please help me test this extension:
Install it and use it. Post your result and comments to this blog post. I would like to know witch operating system and LibreOffice version you are using. I'm specially interested in Windows 7 as I have seen some problems running it on my own Windows computer.
Find the extension here: http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/openclipart-org-integration/releases/2014.12.01
When you install this extension please make sure to install it for "current user" only. Installing it for "all users" wont work. When you download the oxt-file please make sure that it doesn't change file name. The extension file name must be openclipart.oxt.
Changes in this version is...
- Action icon added to the Drawing toolbar.
- Fine polish the user interface.
- Implemented support for sort order
- Implemented optional 'add to gallery'
- All code is now Python - removed the Basic macro
- Added some more error handling
- Changed the concept so files are downloaded temporary to disk before inserted. This was caused by some problems getting things working over http directly.