Lodahl's blog: Please help with testing

07 December 2014

Please help with testing

Some years ago I developed an extension for LibreOffice for direct search for clip art from www.openclipart.org.

I have recently been working on a new version that use a new OpenClipart API.

Please help me test this extension:

Install it and use it. Post your result and comments to this blog post. I would like to know witch operating system and LibreOffice version you are using. I'm specially interested in Windows 7 as I have seen some problems running it on my own Windows computer.

Find the extension here: http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/openclipart-org-integration/releases/2014.12.01

When you install this extension please make sure to install it for "current user" only. Installing it for "all users" wont work. When you download the oxt-file please make sure that it doesn't change file name. The extension file name must be openclipart.oxt.

Changes in this version is...

  • Action icon added to the Drawing toolbar.
  • Fine polish the user interface.
  • Implemented support for sort order
  • Implemented optional 'add to gallery'
  • All code is now Python - removed the Basic macro
  • Added some more error handling
  • Changed the concept so files are downloaded temporary to disk before inserted. This was caused by some problems getting things working over http directly.

5 comments:

tagezi said...

It is the good extension.
I have tested it on my system and it is working. But sometimes if I use functions “Insert into document?” and “Add to gallery?” simultaneously my application freezes and I need to crash it.
My system is Kubuntu 14.04. Let me know if I can use some addition tests in order to find the reason for the freeze.

Anonymous said...

Hi

Some tests... on Windows 7/64

Version: 4.3.4.1
Build ID: bc356b2f991740509f321d70e4512a6a54c5f243

On install no choice "all users" or "only for me".

I got this choice with Version: 4.4.0.0.beta1
Build ID: 9af3d21234aa89dac653c0bd76648188cdeb683e
Locale: fr_FR (installed with Server Install GUI)

This is not specific to your extension (same for others)

For every test, new LibreOffice profile.

Action button is added to the drawing toolbar

On click, the OpenClipart dialog opens (modal), not anchored in the sidebar
(unlike your video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ4WLATXE4M)

I get the following error (with both versions) when I try the feature "add to the gallery."

com.sun.star.uno.Exception (Error during invoking function createDialog in module file:///C:/Users/Pierre-Yves/AppData/Roaming/LibreOffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lu1w61n.tmp_/openclipart.oxt/python/OpenClipartDialog.py (:
C:\Users\Pierre-Yves\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu1w61n.tmp_\openclipart.oxt\python\OpenClipartDialog.py:618 in function createDialog() [controlContainer.execute()]
C:\Program Files (x86)\LibreOffice 4\program\pythonscript.py:869 in function invoke() [ret = self.func( *args )]
))

Another *small* malfunction:
-Search "Bass"
-the first page is filled with 12 thumbnails.
-the status bar shows: Page 1 of 2
-Click to display page 2. It remains empty.
-Change the sort list from "Download" to "favorites" (or "date"), click Search: The two pages are displayed correctly

Thank you very much for this nice work :)
Pierre-Yves Samyn

Anonymous said...

When you try to active extension:
Failed to register package for vnd.sun.star.expand:$UNO_USER_PACKAGES_CACHE/uno_packages/lujbp9em.tmp_/openclipart.oxt/python

Ubuntu 14.04
LibreOffice 4.2.7 ppa

Anonymous said...

Hey Leif,

sadly i've got trouble here, too. the extension won't work on the following environments (with the same error posted bei anonymous on 11.12.2014, not possible to activate the extension):
OS: Ubuntu 12.04 (LTS) or Linux Mint 13 maya (also LTS)
LibreOffice 4.5.3.2 via ppa

:-/

Greetings
Nick

Unknown said...

Just discovered your extension (Dec 2016) and it looks pretty good. But I have a couple of questions.

1 - Is there any active development still going on? If so where is a more current discussion to be found?
2 - I have LibreOffice 4.2.x on my desktop and 5.x on my wife's desktop. In my machine in Writer I find the menu item in the Insert Image menu and on my wife's it is in the Insert Media menu.
3 - This only appears to be working in Writer, I cannot find the menu item for openclipart in Draw or Impress. Is this a know issue?
4 - The add to gallery doesn't appear to do anything, insert into document works fine in Writer.

Thanks,
Burt